This policy applies to all Soucy group companies and its employees.
The Soucy group undertakes to provide a healthy, safe workspace by implementing every measure necessary to ensure the health, safety and well-being as well as the psychological and physical integrity of Employees.
The Employer also undertakes to provide support and guidance to visitors and subcontractors when they are on its property.
We strongly believe that health, safety and well-being form an integral part of sound management practices and that those practices must be integrated into a system that is continuously improving.
Sustained efforts towards prevention are a joint responsibility of the Employer, the Managers and all the Employees.
The Employer undertakes to:
- Integrate occupational safety, health and well-being into its business processes and activities.
- Manage its operations in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to which it is subject.
- Identify, evaluate, reduce and control risks that cannot be eliminated.
- Train workers and provide them all the support and coaching required to help them carry out their job safely.
The Managers must:
- Assist management in its commitment towards health and safety.
- Ensure the health and safety of all Employees under their responsibility.
- Ensure the subcontractors abide by our company procedures and guidelines.
- Implement this policy and commit to health and safety objectives.
- Be aware of the occupational health and safety duties of care, efficiency and authority and abide by these.
The Employees must:
- Be responsible for their own safety and ensure they do not endanger the safety of others.
- Follow the existing rules, procedures and work methods.
- Be involved in identifying risks and seeking solutions in collaboration with their immediate supervisor.
- Promote safe behaviours, for instance by reminding others to comply with this policy and other existing procedures.