WHAT TO EXPECT
Have you always been interested in supervising a team of unionized employees? Are you renowned for being a good mobilizer, focused on continuous improvement and care about achieving objectives?
You will have to motivate, value and mobilize staff in order to achieve and exceed objectives. You will work closely with the production, planning and product development departments. You will supervise a team of about 10 workers in a unionized environment.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Promote, implement and maintain health and safety practices in a respectful environment in line with the organization's values
- Act as a coach, leader and credible partner for your team of workers in collaboration with the operations management team
- Ensure high quality and productivity standards are maintained, manage deficiencies with workers and support our commitment to excellence in order to meet daily run plans
- Manage priorities in collaboration with different departments (production planning, maintenance, quality assurance, engineering)
- Lead the various departmental follow-up meetings in a customer-oriented manner
- Promote teamwork and encourage workers to innovate with their new ideas
- Manage and plan the human resources and subcontractors of your department according to production needs
- Develop and manage the employee training and skills development program to ensure versatility on the production floor
- Review work processes and methods to optimize department performance
- Monitor and update performance indicators
- Perform any other tasks requested by your immediate superior
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or technical degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, operations management or any other combination of education and experience deemed relevant
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control
- Mechanical skills
- People management and interpersonal skills (coaching)
- Ability to plan, organize, decide and control
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Ability to express suggestions for process improvement
- Problem solving and continuous improvement skills
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities
WE LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU AND TO WELCOMING YOU TO OUR BIG SOUCY FAMILY!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!