WHAT TO EXPECT
Your main mandate will be to deliver a quality product on time and within budget, in a safe environment while always seeking to improve our processes.
There are currently two positions available. Their respective schedules are:
1- weeknights from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
2- weekends according to your availability.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Maintain a safe, respectful and value-based work environment and climate
- Supervise a team of 10 to 15 workers in a unionized environment
- Promote and enforce occupational health and safety practices
- Coordinate the introduction of new technologies and work closely with quality assurance to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Motivate, value and mobilize staff to achieve and exceed objectives
- Act as a coach, leader and credible partner for your team of workers in collaboration with the operations management team
- Ensure high-quality standards are maintained, manage deficiencies with workers and support our commitment to excellence
- Ensure that productivity standards are met and that the production plan is respected
- Manage priorities in collaboration with the service departments on your shift (planning, maintenance, quality assurance, engineering)
- Lead the various daily production follow-up meetings in a customer-oriented mode
- Encourage teamwork and foster a culture where workers can provide their ideas for innovation
- Manage the human resources and daily assignments of your department
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- DEC in industrial engineering, operations management or any other combination of education and experience deemed relevant
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and control
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Personnel management and interpersonal skills (coaching)
- Ability to provide suggestions for process improvement
- Knowledge of computerized production management systems
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!