WHAT TO EXPECT
Soucy is looking for a production manager for its rubber subsidiary.
Reporting to the plant manager, the production manager's main mandate will be to manage and coordinate the production and logistics team.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- As a member of the subsidiary's management committee, help develop, implement and follow up on the strategic plan
- Act as an ambassador by mirroring and promoting the values of the Soucy Group
- Manage the production and logistics team
- Train, motivate and evaluate team members on an ongoing basis in order to maintain an optimal level of commitment and performance and act as a coach to help team members develop their skills
- Develop strategies to maintain healthy working relationships and a work climate that promotes respect, teamwork and performance
- Evaluate workforce needs and support employees in their professional development to ensure they reach their full potential
- Work closely with the engineering departments to determine the investments needed to support the growth of the company and prioritize a safe and efficient environment for our employees
- Develop and implement programs to ensure the efficient use of raw materials, inventory, labour and equipment to meet production objectives
- Foster a performance culture within all levels of the production chain
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in operations management, mechanical or industrial engineering
- 15 to 20 years of experience in operations management in a union environment and ideally, experience with every operational position in a manufacturing organization
- Strong leadership and mobilization skills
- An ability to navigate between the strategic and visionary levels and the highly operational level of managing an operations floor
- In depth experience with lean manufacturing principles, inventory management and an MRP manufacturing system
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- We pay your Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec membership dues
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!