WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be responsible for the development of new workpieces. You will take charge of the projects from the order and you will have to make sure that all technical preparations are made before they are put into production.
In collaboration with your colleagues, you will determine the machining sequence, carry out the programming and prepare the work instruction.
You will also make improvements during production to achieve the required time and quality.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Determine the strategy on machining centers for large complex parts
- Program parts on 3, 4 and 5 axis milling machines
- Prepare tool lists
- Perform optimization during production
- Support the production team
- Perform all other tasks related to the job
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- College diploma (DEC) in mechanical engineering or training deemed equivalent and relevant or a combination of at least 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the field of machining complex parts
- Familiarity with Hypermill programming software (an asset)
- Previous experience programming 5-axis machining centers (an asset)
- Interest in teamwork
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible hours that allow you to balance work and personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!