Job available at Soucy Caoutchouc – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our team is currently looking for a passionate person who likes new things and challenges to join its ranks. Under the supervision of the design manager, you will participate in the design of rubber tracks with unique properties. This experience will allow you to share your expertise within a multidisciplinary team of about twenty people.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Design and model rubber tracks and their components required to fit products on vehicles
- Design and model the molds and tooling required for complete product development
- Create installation tools adapted to the product
- Carry out the manufacturing layouts
- Provide technical support to multidisciplinary product development teams
- Participate in the feasibility study of projects and in the planning of activities to be carried out
- Support production during the manufacturing of prototypes or the start of production
- Launch and follow up on machined parts while providing technical support to the supplier
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- DEC in Mechanical Engineering Technology, design/manufacturing option or DEP in industrial drafting
- Relevant experience (3-5 years) in drafting and/or design of complex mechanical systems, ideally in the transportation, snowmobile and/or heavy vehicle industry
- Knowledge of mechanics, machining and design of injection molds and/or compression molds
- Mastery of CAD software, SolidEdge (asset)
- Good knowledge of geometric tolerancing
- Experience with motorized vehicles (asset)
- Bilingualism (English and French) (asset)
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
It's like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!