Job available at Soucy International – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Manufacturing Technician: a key player in our operations team!
As a manufacturing technician, your main mandate will be to ensure the production start-up of new products and to improve the work on existing products. To do so, you will be responsible for the progress of various tasks in the multidisciplinary Product Development Process. Afraid to sit at your desk all day? No risk, as you will be doing both desk work and follow-ups on the floor.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Implement safe work methods to improve production
- Develop manufacturing ranges by selecting optimal equipment and determining standard production times
- Develop work instructions, while providing follow-up and support to operators
- Identify improvement opportunities and participate in their implementation
- Train and support the operators on the different work methods
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- DEC in mechanical engineering or plastics processing
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with metal and plastic manufacturing processes (thermoforming)
- Knowledge of Office suite software and CAD software (Solid Edge)
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!