Job available at Soucy International – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a manufacturing technician with an industrial engineering background to be a key player in our operations team!
You will be responsible for implementing safe work methods that meet production standards, based on the best practices in the industry!
You will have to use the concrete observations you make in the production environment to measure the effectiveness of the solutions implemented and to propose improvements.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Carry out time and motion studies and keep the operations time bank up to date
- Analyze the results, make recommendations to reduce waste and increase the productivity of operations and actively participate in the implementation of improvements
- Balance operations to optimize productivity
- Participate in continuous improvement projects (value-added production), SMED, 5S, Kaizen, new product introduction, etc.)
- Reorganize workstation layout (efficiency, ergonomics & OHS)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a DEC in industrial engineering
- You have 1 to 3 years experience in a similar position
- You are familiar with metal and plastic manufacturing processes (thermoforming)
- You are able to use the Office suite and CAD software (Solid Edge)
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!