Job available at Kimpex
WHAT TO EXPECT
The incumbent organizes transportation for the delivery of merchandise from our suppliers to various locations while respecting budgeted costs. He/she follows the shipments to ensure that the merchandise arrives at the required time. He/she provides support to the purchasing team to ensure the integrity of the information in the systems.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Responsible for Canadian and American customs and supervises the activities of our brokers
- Support the product managers in the creation of new items (HS codes)
- Support the Receiving Clerk (ASN)
- Follows up on overseas imports (container tracking) and liaises with affected departments (purchasing, sales, after sales)
- Responsible for international freight forwarders (e.g. Delmar)
- Follows up on transportation costs
- Support the transport clerk in the selection and negotiation with road carriers
- Continuously improve the customs and transportation processes at Kimpex
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Technical in Logistics
- 3 to 5 years experience in the field of logistics, transportation and/or customs or any relevant experience
- Autonomy and good communication skills
- Strong interest in continuous improvement and automation
- Problem solving skills
- Functional English (spoken and written)
- Mastery of the Office Suite
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company in a family atmosphere
- Work/life balance program with flexible hours
- Group insurance including dental care
- Employer contribution to the pension plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Sick leave and family leave (more generous than the norm)
- But above all, a great team in which you can grow!
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!