WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you a member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec and have experience in corporate law? Are you interested in a position focused on business law, mergers and acquisitions (not litigation!)?
You will be working within the Soucy Service Centre’s legal team in order to provide legal support to our various subsidiaries in different areas of law (corporate, intellectual property, environment, labour and employment, etc.).
You will also contribute to their legal risk management to help them pursue their strategic objectives.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Analyze, draft and negotiate contractual agreements pertaining to our business activities (e.g., supplier contracts, licences) as well as any legal documentation relevant to the management of the company's business (e.g., confidentiality agreements, legal notices, etc.)
- Analyze and interpret laws, regulations, decrees and any other legal texts or documents and ensure that the interests and liability of the divisions in the group are adequately protected
- Collaborate with our external legal advisors
- Collaborate with the managers of various departments to advise them on various legal aspects
- Ensure compliance with contractual agreements, corporate policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Identify legal issues, analyze possible solutions and provide recommendations to achieve business objectives
- Participate in the creation, drafting and implementation of standard procedures, policies and contracts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in law and a member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business law
- Bilingual in French and English, excellent oral and written skills
- Demonstrate professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and integrity
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!