WHAT TO EXPECT
Under the supervision of the IT department manager, the IT Technician's main mandate will be to help ensure our computer systems are operating correctly.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Prioritize and process computer requests made by users in a timely manner
- Resolve technical problems, document them and write a procedure if necessary to ensure knowledge management
- Provide support to users for all computer hardware, communication, software and other business applications
- Take part in ensuring compliance with the company's network security rules
- Provide support and training to employees for the optimal use of corporate software
- Manage licences and software: installation, configuration, maintenance, update, renewal, acquisitions
- Configure and install employee workstations and move workstations upon request
- Participate in the management of the computer fleet: maintenance, new acquisitions or replacement
- Research hardware and software solutions to meet a need or optimize a process
- Backup of server data
- Ensure sound management of user accounts and profiles
- Make sure the system(s) is/are fully operational to ensure continuity of operations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- DEC in computer science or AEC in computer science
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing company (an asset)
- Knowledge of network security (an asset)
- Knowledge of Windows XP-7-8-10, Office Suite and Office 365, Active Directory
- Knowledge of programming languages and SSRS and Crystal Report utilities (an asset)
- Functional English
- Ability to detect and diagnose problems
- A willingness to keep up with technology trends
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position;
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!