WHAT TO EXPECT
You will be responsible for the layout of workstations and the balancing of operations for new product lines.
You will also be responsible for monitoring the current state of the plant and proposing improvements to contribute to the objectives of capacity, productivity and performance of operations.
You will be an important pillar of the manufacturing engineering team, which oversees production start-up, tooling, quality and industrial engineering. A team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment! We guarantee you'll have a good laugh at least once a day!
As the improvement of material flows is at the heart of our strategy for the coming year, your contribution in this role will be more than essential!
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Work with the multi-disciplinary product development team on a daily basis, providing your expertise at the material flow, production cell and workstation level
- Measure the "health" of the plant by determining the right indicators to track and how to interpret them
- Define the required time studies and proceed to their analysis in order to balance and optimize the stations
- Identify improvement opportunities and act as a leader in their implementation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or any other equivalent training
- You have completed at least one industrial engineering internship in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Lean Manufacturing
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- We pay your Ordres des ingénieurs du Québec membership dues
- As an engineer, there are many opportunities for career growth and advancement at Soucy
- and advancement at Soucy
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!