WHAT TO EXPECT
You will manage all logistics activities in our manufacturing plant and warehouse.
Relying on your strategic vision, you will be responsible for the implementation and execution of projects to modernize and optimize our logistics practices.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Plan, organize, direct and control all the subsidiary's logistics activities (transportation, customs, shipping, receiving, inventory, warehousing and material flow)
- Assess labour needs of your department and ensure the optimization of the flow of materials required to support the pace of the various product lines
- Ensure the identification and implementation of mobilizing projects aimed at optimizing and modernizing our logistics activities
- Ensure sound management of our financial resources, especially in terms of transportation and customs costs
- Help your team fulfill their potential by acting as an inspiring and mobilizing coach
- Promote and apply the various standards and guidelines related to occupational health and safety
- Standardize, audit, maintain and optimize the processes and work methods in your department
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in operations management, administration, industrial engineering or logistics
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in logistics management or management in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of logistics and warehousing
- Familiarity with various computer systems (MRP, ERP, WMS) and Lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement concepts
- Experience in managing a team of unionized workers and office employees
- Good communication skills (listening, inspiring, credible, clear messaging)
- Management skills (planning, directing, organizing and controlling), ability to make good decisions and managerial courage
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!