Job available at Soucy Caoutchouc – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
Under the supervision of the Manager - Simulation and Modeling, your main mandate will be to work on the preparation of finite element models of products under development. You will be part of a team recognized for its unique expertise and you will benefit from an inter-branch influence.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Support the expert engineers in numerical simulation by preparing finite element models
- Model the rubber tracks as well as the different reinforcement elements included in them for numerical simulation purposes
- Simplify and mesh the rubber tracks and other parts that make up the track assemblies
- Model tracked assemblies and vehicles in Abaqus/CAE by integrating the track, suspension and other components
- Prepare and debug static calculations and analyze results
- Support product development engineers in the sizing of metal parts
- Support the work of your colleagues in the technological advancement of the numerical simulation department
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- DEC or BAC in mechanical engineering
- Strong interest in product development
- Good knowledge of strength of materials
- Practical experience in finite element modeling (Abaqus) an asset
- Mastery of CAD software, SolidEdge an asset
- Creative and innovative spirit
- Autonomy, rigor and analytical skills
- A good team spirit
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
It's like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!