Job available at Soucy Caoutchouc – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an enthusiast in the fields of robotics and automation, you will act as an expert in electrical design to carry out and ensure the management and deployment of projects within the plant engineering department. You will be the expert responsible for all electrical activities in the plant.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Participate in the establishment of budgets and schedules in collaboration with the project manager
- Select electrical and electronic components
- Perform 2D detail drawings, wiring drawings and electrical schematics
- Supervise all electrical projects and work
- Supervise our external partners for electrical projects
- Follow up on orders, assembly and testing and make modifications to components
- Participate in the implementation of best practices in organization thanks to his extensive knowledge in electrical design
- Write technical documents
- dentify opportunities for improvement and optimization and propose solutions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, automated production engineering or equivalent training with experience
- You have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the design and manufacturing of machines, automated systems and robotics in the manufacturing environment
- Be very comfortable in a fast-paced product development environment where the solutions and specific objectives to be achieved are not known at the outset
- Excellent ability to explain concepts to mechanical and software departments
- Asset: Electrical drafting: SEE Electrical and Solid Edge Draft
- Asset: C license in electricity
- Asset: PLC/Controller: Allen Bradley (Studio 5000, RS500, CCW)
- Asset: Bilingualism (English/French)
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- We pay your Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec membership dues
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!