Job available at Soucy Caoutchouc – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
In collaboration with a product development project manager, your main mandate will be to work on the design, 3D modeling and drawing of complex mechanism, equipment and tooling parts for the production of rubber composite track assemblies for our defense customers.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Design and model rubber tracks and their components required to fit products on vehicles
- Design and model the molds and tooling required for complete product development
- Carry out the manufacturing layouts
- Participate in the feasibility study of projects and in the planning of activities to be carried out
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- DEC in Mechanical Engineering with a design option or DEP in industrial drafting with relevant experience
- 5 years experience in drafting and/or design of complex mechanical systems, ideally in the transportation, snowmobile and/or heavy vehicle industry
- Knowledge of mechanics, machining and design of injection or compression molds
- Mastery of SolidEdge or any drawing software similar to it
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Open-minded and creative
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- A strong interest in motor vehicles is an asset
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
It's like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!