WHAT TO EXPECT
We are seeking an experienced and energetic individual with a proven track record of accountability and results for the position of Operations Manager.
You will oversee all production operations at our Drummondville facility and will also be responsible for the manufacturing engineering, logistics, planning, quality control, health and safety, maintenance and employee relations teams.
Your objective will be to maximize efficiency, optimize our operations in terms of automation and achieve our ambitious growth objectives.
To be successful in this position, you must have the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
You must also have strong team management skills and act as a coach to help the managers on your team develop their own skills.
You will also need to be able to lead and manage change successfully by ensuring the engagement of your teams.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Develop the manufacturing strategy and execute initiatives to achieve the company's strategic goals and operational excellence in the short, medium and long term
- Define the objectives and develop the action plan for your department, ensuring that the organization's growth plan and the subsidiary's strategic plan are respected and achieved
- Prepare the operating budget for your department based on the objectives to be met and implement cost management initiatives
- Supported by the Production Manager, maintain healthy labour relations and oversee the application of the collective agreement
- Identify, plan and monitor the implementation of sustainable solutions to achieve the production sector's objectives (costs, deadlines, quality, etc.)
- Represent the company on committees with senior managers and be a member of the Soucy International management committee
What is the Soucy International plant?
- A plant made up of approximately 150 unionized employees and 50 management employees, all motivated and oriented towards the same objective of working as a team to offer products and services that meet our customers' expectations.
- A complex production environment with varied manufacturing processes, each with their own set of challenges. We do machining, manufacturing, welding, painting, thermoforming, assembly and logistics ... yes, all in the same plant!
- It is the integrating plant of the Soucy group, we work together with our sister plants on a daily basis to receive their components that allow us to assemble our products.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or operations management
- Minimum 10 years of experience in team management in a manufacturing company, including at least 5 years in a supervisory position in a unionized environment
- Very good knowledge of management practices based on "Lean Manufacturing"
- Bilingual, French and English.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!