WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for an engineering manager who is not afraid to take on challenges in an environment where agility and quick decision-making are combined with creativity and passion.
The motorsports engineering team is :
- 30 talented, passionate and motivated people
- 150 new products developed per year (let's just say we have no shortage of ideas and projects)
- The benchmark in the creation of accessories for motorized sports vehicles for over 50 years
- We can make track systems, windshields, bumpers, protection parts, roofs, shovel systems, cabins, doors ... In fact, there isn't much we don't do!
Here's an overview of your tasks:
Generate, with the help of your team, and your sales and design colleagues, innovative products that will support Soucy International's growth plan and ensure that Soucy maintains its place as a leader in the design of accessories for powersports vehicles.
Your role as a leader and coach of this team will be to:
Have an overview of the team's projects and act as a coach for the project managers to optimize resources in order to deliver quality products on time and within budget.
You will also coach the team to ensure that we maintain good relationships with our clients, who are the largest powersports vehicle manufacturers in the world. We never say no to our customers, we find solutions!
Your expertise in product development and innovation will be used to :
Promote and continue to foster at the culture of innovation within the team. Continue to improve our product development process by implementing industry best practices.
Your engaging leadership will be required to:
Create and maintain harmonious and effective relationships with other departments within the company and provide strong leadership to ensure the completion of multi-disciplinary PDP activities.
Your role as a member of the Soucy International Management Committee will be to:
Be an active member of the committee and participate in the development of the subsidiary's strategic plan, and then develop and implement the engineering team's tactical plan.
Manage the budgets/resources of the development team in order to achieve our profitability objectives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and member of the OIQ
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product development, ideally with OEM customers
- Minimum 5 years of experience in personnel management
- Proficiency in French and English, ability to interact with our English-speaking customers
- Good command of the product development process
- If you are passionate about cars or motorsports, even better!
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent, full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- We pay your Ordres des ingénieurs du Québec membership dues
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and family assistance program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!