Job available at Soucy Caoutchouc – Drummondville
WHAT TO EXPECT
Reporting to the General Manager, the Product Development Engineering Manager is responsible for product development for our 4 business segments. He holds the final technical responsibility for the products developed and the processes within the department. Through his leadership, he mobilizes and coaches his employees so that they can develop in a stimulating environment and reach their full potential.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Participate and collaborate with the subsidiary's management committee in the development, implementation and follow-up of the strategic plan
- Ensure a perfect integration of customer needs with the solutions proposed by the product development engineering team
- Work closely with all product development stakeholders to achieve our organizational goals
- Define the major strategies for the implementation, selection and deployment of new product development projects that will drive growth for the company
- Manage the product development engineering team
- Act as a coach in the process of developing the skills of team members
- Train, motivate and evaluate team members on an ongoing basis in order to maintain an optimal level of commitment and performance
- Act as a leader in all activities of the product development process and implement strategies based on best business practices
- Participate in the creation and development of new products, the improvement or renewal of current products and the enhancement of current and future partnerships
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other related field, and be a member of the OIQ
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar position
- Strong experience in personnel management
- Engaging leadership
- Strong communication skills
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities.
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
It's like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!