Job available at Kimpex
WHAT TO EXPECT
Working in the product management and purchasing department, you will be responsible for placing orders and following up with suppliers to ensure the availability of merchandise in the required quantities and at the required time, while making sure inventory turnover is in line with the company's objectives.
Here's an overview of your tasks:
- Oversee agreements with certain suppliers, develop purchasing scenarios in order to maximize return on investment and submit your recommendations to the Head of Product Services
- Place orders suggested by the purchasing system on a daily basis: validate parameters and place purchase orders
- Performs backlog management (B/O) of suppliers and correctly enter the information appropriately in the various systems
- Take action to correct discrepancies in quantities, prices and payment terms between the supplier's invoice and the purchase order
- Follow up on products in excess of inventory on order and negotiate their cancellation with the appropriate suppliers
- Process warranty claims on defective products returned by our customers to suppliers (returns, claims, credits)
- Respond to correspondence from our suppliers and internal customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or DEC in procurement (experience deemed equivalent will also be considered)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field
- Bilingual in French and English, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of procurement systems (D365 an asset).
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Permanent full-time position
- You'll be joining a team that's committed to solving day-to-day issues, but always in a pleasant work environment!
- The best of both worlds: the resources of a large company and a family-like atmosphere
- A team that is passionate, attentive and committed to excellence
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Flexible schedules that allow you to balance your work and your personal life
- Group insurance (different plans adapted to your needs)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Social activities
We look forward to getting to know you and to welcoming you to our big Soucy family!
Life at Soucy
Working at Soucy is like being part of a big family! Our passion, ideas and personal touches have made our work environment a friendly atmosphere where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a career. You’ll be joining an innovative company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We’re proud of our global reputation for excellence which is still growing 50 years after our foundation!